Job Description Synopsis:
Perform software installations/upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations/upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Installs and monitors security auditing software and remediates defects based on security policies. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Provides technical oversight during installations and recovery projects. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Collaborates with vendors on product capabilities and improvements needed to meet requirements.
The following skills and experience are required for this position:
- Experience with systems engineering/administration in a Linux based environment
- Experience installing/upgrading subsystems such as Apache, DBMSs, Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with VMware technology solutions for virtualization and storage
- Implement and maintain VMware ESXi operating on servers/server clusters
- Create, test, and deploy VMware vSphere environments
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in System Engineering/Administration
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking
- VMWare Certifications
- Azure Certifications
- Experience in containerization technologies, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with Cisco UCS Manager